As the IT Support Apprentice, you will be working as part of XCS’ IT Team and working towards completing the Level 3 Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
You will gain the Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship Standards qualification and two industry qualifications endorsed by Microsoft (Microsoft Azure Fundamentals and Microsoft 365 Fundamentals).
- Manage, update and close query tickets
- Ensure service process for change, configuration and problem management are always adhered to
- Be professional and courteous to clients
- Provide remote desktop and server support
- Proactive management of client network
- Build rapport with new and existing clients
- Ticket logging, escalating and regular feedback to Service Desk Manager and Line Manager
- Passionate in IT and networks
- Some knowledge of desktop, server and printer hardware and their components
- Customer services skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-sufficient with good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, logical, and troubleshooting skills
- Preferably, being a driver will be highly beneficial to the role.
- Positive attitude towards learning and growing into the role
- Ability to plan, organize and adapt to changes
- Team worker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Open to respond to feedback and committed to self-development
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Annual salary review
- On-site parking
Opportunity to progress into a permanent position or progress on to the BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship upon completing the Level 3 Azure Cloud Support Specialist Apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About XCS (UK) Ltd
XCS (UK) Ltd has been established as a Full Xerox Concessionaire for Fifteen years, and our aim is simply to provide the best products and service in the industry, tailored to clients’ individual requirements and circumstances.
We pride ourselves on working closely with our customers to ensure that our solutions offer maximum benefit throughout our business relationship in terms of features, technology and cost control.
In our capacity as a leading Authorised Xerox Concessionaire, we work in close association with Xerox Service to support our customers with managed print services, proactive account management, provision of a wide range of equipment, and related software solutions.