We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Cyber Security Technical Professional Degree Apprenticeship.
In order to apply, you need to have the following:
- 120 UCAS points through A-levels or equivalent
- In order to attempt the EPA, apprentices must have achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade C – you may still enter the programme but will need to evidence Level 2 Maths and English qualification before starting the gateway and EPA
Non-standard entry requirements:
Applicants who can in other ways demonstrate their ability to benefit from the programme, in particular mature students without formal qualifications, will always be considered and will be invited to contact the Programme Leader to discuss their application. The University welcomes applications from students studying qualifications from different qualification types – for example A level and a BTEC qualification in combination, and if you are made an offer you will be asked to achieve UCAS Tariff points from all of the qualifications you are studying at level 3.
A good GCSE profile is expected including English Language and Mathematics at minimum grade C (or a University recognised equivalent). Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment. If you have studied for a new GCSE for which you have achieved a numerical grade then you will be required to achieve a minimum grade 4.
Informal interviews will be held where:
- The suitability of a candidate is in doubt and further evidence is sought.
- The candidate presents an unusual set of qualifications taken or pending, and an appropriate conditional offer needs to be determined.
- Candidates may need advice on the appropriateness of the programme.
- Applicants invited for an informal interview will always be informed of its purpose.
End Point Assessment:
You must be able to evidence level 2 English and Maths before you start your End Point Assessment. You may still be begin the programme without these but must obtain the qualifications in order to begin the EPA.
Main Activities and Key Tasks:
- Monitoring and acting on Security alerts in AlienVault SIEM
- Monitoring and Acting on DLP alerts
- Performing periodic security audit activities
- Day to day Information Security operations
- Operate Risk Management Processes
- Advise the business on Security Risks
- Deputise for the Information Security Manager
- Aid in the administration of Security Technologies including Forcepoint, Intune and MFA
- Security Incident Management
- Manage the threat and vulnerability management process
- Coordinating penetration testing activities
- Managing in house vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Maintain the Water Plus threat landscape
- Planning, organising & decision making
What we are looking for:
Skills and qualities:
- Well organised and able to self-manage their workloads
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organisation including internal and external parties
- Able to build relationships with internal and external resources and organisations
- Good analytical skills
- A challenging and enquiring mind
- Attention to detail and tenacity
- Proven ability to identify patterns in complex systems
- Able to identify alternative ways of working towards common goals
Training and experience required:
- Sound Knowledge of Information Technology in a business setting
- Technical knowledge of cloud particularly O365 and Azure
£23,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About Water Plus
We’re the trusted water retail partner for over 360,000 customer accounts for organisations throughout England and Scotland.
From supermarkets to multinational manufacturers, national chains to corner shops, the public sector to charities, Water Plus support organisations of all sizes across all sectors with their water accounts.