They are looking for a dedicated IT Service Desk Network Engineer & Analyst Apprentice to work in the expanding IT team where you will be supported in every step of your apprenticeship.
The Company have mentored a number of IT apprentices many of which are still working in the company in a full-time role and been promoted to 3rd line support and Professional Service roles.
The Service Desk is open 7 days a week between 7:00am and 8:00pm, so you must be willing to work between these hours on a rota.
37.5hrs a week.
£18,500 per annum.
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits package, backed up by a hybrid working model.
The role is a perfect gateway for a career in Networking. You will gain valuable experience to help you support a range of customers with networking solutions.
As an IT Service Desk Networking Engineer & Analyst Apprentice you will be responsible for triage and investigations into Networking and Connectivity incidents to the companies customer base, with hands on support administering routers, WI-FI Access Points, Switches and Firewalls, alongside other products.
- Initial response and triage of tickets raised to the Service desk, triggered via the companies monitoring systems.
- Providing a helpful and polite response to initial contacts into the Service Desk through taking calls, replying to emails, and responding to self-service ticket.
- Effective logging and fault analysis of new Networking incidents and service requests, including prioritisation and coding of the ticket.
- Ownership and resolution of Networking incidents and requests within the scope of a Service Desk fix.
- Escalation and coordination of incidents and requests to internal and external support teams.
- Scheduling and supporting engineers during installations, fault resolution and 3rd party issues.
- Providing regular ticket status updates to the end customer.
- Maintaining a technical knowledge of all supported products and undertaking training when necessary to update any required skills set.
- Following the incident management and request fulfilment processes detailed in the call handling manual.
- Supporting Problem and Change Management activity.
What we are looking for:
- Customer Services training and experience
- Experience of working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice framework (such as ITIL & ISO) for the delivery of IT services
- Experience Documenting training, procedures, and processes
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong communication skills
- Can work well as part of a team
- Can manage conflict in a professional manner
- Flexible & adaptable
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- An A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
There is an opportunity to apply for a full-time role and promotion to 3rd line support or Professional Service roles in the Company on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About VCG Technology Services Ltd
The Company is recognized as having one of the best pro-active service desks in the UK.
They provide a range of telecommunications technology including solutions such as Wide Area Data Networks, IP Telephony, Calls & Lines, Wi-Fi Networks, PCI Security Solutions, EFT Payment Services, Mobile Marketing and Audio & Visual Media.