Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 3. Your classroom days will be based online as a remote session which you will need to be fully available for, and your main apprenticeship work will be done in a nursery local to you. Training to be provided: Level 3 Early Years Educator – Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Patience and a caring nature
- At least 6 months recent experience of working full-time in a childcare setting
Desired Personal Qualities:
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual. Desired
Qualifications: Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
Working week: Apprentices are required to be as flexible as possible to meet the needs of the business. The average working week will be between 30-40 hours, Monday to Friday. Shifts TBC
Future Prospects: Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion.
Things to consider: You will need to be available for remote sessions on teams for 10 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your remote learning. You will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About Swift Childcare
At Swift Childcare we know that becoming a world-class childcare practitioner doesn't just happen overnight, like everything, you need to learn your craft and develop practical skills to become an effective Childcare professional. That's why our apprenticeship programmes are developed to provide people with the opportunity to learn everything they need to know to build a successful career in childcare and education, and to make a difference to future generations. Whether you already possess sector awareness and experience already, or if you are at the very beginning of your career, Swift can provide you with the tools, support and teaching to enable you to make a positive impact.