An exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with School ICT, based at the Head Office in Swillington, Leeds.
This role would be to join our best-in-class MIS Support team who deliver software support and training on SIMS, Arbor and Scholar pack. It is our aim to help schools to make the most effective use of their MIS system.
This role will primarily be working with customers to resolve queries/faults on a specialist education focused MIS helpdesk, as well as sharing best practice for use of software with customers.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate on using and supporting the software.
Duties and responsibilities (will consist of:)
- Remotely connecting to users to investigate and fix software issues
- Deliver first line telephone, email and remote support across a range of software modules
- Helping to create professional documentation for our customer portal to help minimise helpdesk calls
- Complying with security, password, and data GDPR policies
- Continually update and develop knowledge and skills in line with market changes
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written with good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or effectively as part of a team
- Motivated and ambitious
- Willingness to learn
- Calm under pressure
- Good timekeeping
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About School ICT Services
School ICT Services is a Leeds based, leading provider of MIS (Management information system) and IT Support to schools nationally since 2009. As a business focused on service delivery, our people are our most important asset, and we make every effort to ensure that we recruit and retain the best people in the business.
Our MIS Consultants and IT Engineers have significant relevant education experience in their field of expertise. We enjoy a very low level of staff turnover, therefore our customers benefit from a high quality, responsive and efficient service delivered by a team of people whose advice and guidance can be trusted and relied upon.