Innovent are hiring for an Apprentice Network Technician to join a busy team at their facility Ellesmere Port.
What’s in it for you:
The company offers excellent benefits including:
- Access to company facilities and equipment for personal use
- Performance related pay increases available to work towards
- The opportunity to achieve additional technical qualifications
- Full access to an industry leading e-learning platform to develop any additional digital skills which are of interest to you
- Working as part of the team, you will benefit from decades of experience, providing you with a great foundation for your career
You will be responsible for:
- Resetting and configurating managed enterprise network devices
- Assessing product lifecycles of networking devices
- Assessing other specialist IT equipment including communications equipment
- Testing and configuration of EPOS equipment
- Testing and configuration of UPS equipment
- Secure erasing, diagnostics/testing and of servers and storage arrays
- Upgrading and configuring hardware on servers
- Listing in and maintaining a stock system
- Cleaning and photographing of equipment for resale
- Occasional liaising with buyers to address their needs / issues
What we are looking for:
You will need the following skills:
- Good communication, teamwork, and time management skills
- Strong technical skills
- A methodical, step-by-step approach to resolving issues
- Adaptability to engage in project work
- The ability to work under direction, use discretion and determine when to escalate issues
- Interested in building a career in IT
- Willing to learn
The entry requirements for this Cloud Network Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
35 hours per week,
Monday to Friday,
9am – 5pm, with an hour for lunch.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Innovent Recycling Ltd are one of the leading IT Asset Disposal companies in the UK. Offering secure collections of redundant hardware, data destruction is included with every collection with certification provided.