Purpose of Position
The Linehaul Compliance Apprenticeship is a 14 month programme where apprentices will learn all aspects of Linehaul Compliance whilst achieving a Level 3 Improvement Technician Qualification.
Responsibilities include assisting Linehaul Compliance Managers and Controllers with monitoring, analysis, reporting and counselling on several areas of transport compliance.
Apprentices will also undertake a range of masterclasses which are designed to provide a broad range of knowledge about the job, alongside building their skills and behaviours.
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility
- Monitoring and reporting on the vehicles requested for service, MOT, or repair and receiving the cleared vehicles back from the workshop
- Ensuring adherence to O licence legal requirements including EC drivers hours legislation and compliance to the Road Transport Directive through monitoring, analysis and counselling of tachograph infringements
- Ensuring drivers and vehicle compliance to digital tachograph download procedures
- Ensuring all mileage is accounted for and drivers are time right compliant
- Carrying out spot checks on agency driver paperwork and briefings to ensure adherence with compliance requirements
- Monitoring and ensuring defect procedures are being followed correctly
- To implement the Health & Safety policy, ensuring and maintaining a safe working environment
- Carry out such duties as may reasonably be requested by supervisors or other management
- Attend additional training programmes to supplement both your learning and the Linehaul Operation
What we’re looking for;
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
About DPD Group UK
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company. Our Apprenticeship programme enables us to bring in young talent who are in the early stages of their working life. It's not all about academic results, it's about having the right attitude and being prepared to work hard. Opportunities are available in a range of departments including Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sales and IT and vary from Level 3 - Degree Level. We start the recruitment process each year in April, with all new Apprentices joining us in September.