Purpose of Position
To support the department manager, colleagues and admin teams by providing an administrative service in the area of business administration. To ensure that the administrative processes that support the department operation are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy.
Key Tasks/Areas of responsibility
Personnel Management Support
- Administer the department’s holiday rota ensuring all holiday entitlement and leave booked is appropriately recorded, enabling the calculation of accrued holiday pay
- Administer all new starters ensuring company procedures are followed in relation to the issuing of offer letters, reference and vetting procedures and authorisation and establishment on payroll
- Administer all leavers ensuring that files are appropriately stored and maintained and that P&T and Payroll are advised.
- Maintain personnel records, including sickness and holiday. Pass relevant information promptly to Payroll and People & Talent
- Establish and maintain all training records within individual personnel files providing reminders to the management team of annual training review for each employee
- Ensure that all documentation and information is reviewed and stored in line with the company policy
- Organise meetings and meeting schedules for the teams within the department
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and reports
- Assist with the monitoring, auditing and ordering of stationery, uniform, office stock items and the storing and/or distribution thereof
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by Line Management
- Eg. Assist with team engagement events and incentive days
Completion of a Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
What we’re looking for;
- Familiar with Google Workspace (GMail/GSheet)
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- High attention to detail to produce accurate and quality work
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of £1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company. Our Apprenticeship programme enables us to bring in young talent who are in the early stages of their working life. It’s not all about academic results, it’s about having the right attitude and being prepared to work hard. Opportunities are available in a range of departments including Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sales and IT and vary from Level 3 – Degree Level. We start the recruitment process each year in April, with all new Apprentices joining us in September.
About DPD Group UK
The purpose of this position is to support the department manager, colleagues and admin teams by providing an administrative service in the area of business administration. To ensure that the administrative processes that support the department operation are maintained to a standard of excellence and operated in line with company policy.