The Bluecube Academy currently has 15 ICT Apprentices as well as a Business Administration Apprentice and a Finance Apprentice. We are committed to the ongoing training and development of our Apprentices.
If you have a passion for technology and want to join a culture that rewards smart, driven, and fun-loving people, you may well be a Bluecube person, and we would love to hear from you!
This is an exciting chance to become a Information Communications Technician Apprentice and join the team here at Bluecube Technology Solutions based in Central Milton Keynes.
Check out their New MK Office – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpz24yea8M0
[We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. We advise you to submit your applications early to prevent disappointment.]
At Bluecube Technology Solutions as an Information Communications Technician, your role will involve remotely creating and deactivating users, building, preparing, and organising the delivery of machines to a variety of clients and providing technological solutions and support to our clients.
This role will involve speaking to our clients on the phone on a regular basis, so a polite and professional telephone manner is essential. You need to be able to work well within a team and coordinate with each other providing exceptional customer service to our clients on a day-to-day basis.
Here is a flavour of what you’ll be doing:
- Efficiently handling incoming user account or client tickets
- Dealing with inbound and outbound calls in a friendly and professional manner to clients who are having technical issues
- Performing initial triage on all issues and aiming to resolve issues on the initial call
- Logging detailed and accurate information into the call management system
- Taking responsibility for your personal call queue, as well as the team call queues where necessary, ensuring that all calls are resolved in a timely fashion
- Communicating with the client to keep them updated of the progress and ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high
- Assisting with other process-based responsibilities, like performing software builds/rebuilds on PC’s/laptops, installing and configuring Windows services and quality checking build quality before delivery
- Escalating tickets as necessary
What we are looking for:
- Practical experience of exploring technology (e.g. Repairing or troubleshooting personal PC’s/Laptops)
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Interested and excited by technology
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Polite and professional
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes pride in providing a high level of service
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£12,000 per annum.
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm / 40hrs a week.
- Onsite gym
- Bluecube uniform
- Breakout area with pool table and vending machine
- Dress-down Friday
We want our staff to stay with us for years (our longest-serving employees have been with us from the very start). Pathway to becoming a First Contact Resolution (FCR) Engineer within Bluecube. There is also the opportunity to continue your apprenticeship journey through to Level 4 and Degree apprenticeship programmes.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About Bluecube Technology Solutions
Bluecube exists to make its clients' lives easier. Our clients pay us to be their whole (or an extension of) their IT department so that their businesses are not limited by technology and their minds are not needlessly pre-occupied by IT.
A Microsoft Gold Partner and a Tier 1 Cloud Solutions Provider, Bluecube has a proven track record as a Managed Services Provider and helping businesses use technology to their greatest advantage. Since our story began in 2003, Bluecube has grown consistently year-on-year and now has a team of over 150 professionals, in 13 offices around the world, supporting over 150 clients and over 12,000 users, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Bluecube recognise that all companies are different in terms of size, sector and operation and offer a complete spectrum of IT support. This includes but is not limited to, the supply and support of IT equipment, the design, build, delivery and support of both cloud and hybrid IT solutions and individual strategic advice to enable clients to achieve their goals. With the right IT infrastructure and support in place, downtime is minimised, security protection is increased, agility is boosted and competitive advantages are strengthened.
Our core values are ingrained into our identity, keeping us focused and working to the best of our ability every day. We strive to be straightforward, curious, different, outstanding, agile and generous, measuring everything we do against these principles. Bluecube cares about the relationships we build and alongside the smooth running of the day-to-day service, we are long term partners for all our clients.