This position is based in Leeds with opportunities also available in Runcorn and Manchester.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and eager candidate to complete an IT L3 Apprenticeship and additional ‘Cloud’ related accreditations such as Azure and Microsoft 365. The position offers a wealth of opportunity to kick-start a career in IT especially considering the majority of candidates who complete this program go on to full time employment within the business. Some of our brightest stars have come through the apprenticeship track, which is fundamental to how BCN nurture, retain and reward talent.
Main role / responsibilities:
The Apprentice will be spending time in 3 areas within IT:
- Support – Help customers resolve IT related issues both over the phone and via our support system. Issues will vary from desktop, email, Microsoft Office, etc. and enable the practical application of the apprenticeship course content. Work alongside senior engineers to further develop and expand skill-set.
- Commissioning – Configuration and installation of operating systems onto desktop and laptop computers including elements of Azure and InTune.
- Installation – Assisting engineers on client sites with hardware and PC installations to compliment the relevant course modules.
As well as:
- Providing First line support, raising tickets and working closely with the Senior Engineers.
Desired personal qualities:
- Enthusiasm for IT
- Eager to learn
- Good communicator
- Team player
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday – 9am – 5:30pm, 37.5hrs per week.
Life assurance from day 1 – x2 salary.
Following probation: BUPA Health Cash Plan (claim back medical costs, dental, optical, prescriptions etc.), Tastecard+ membership, Cycle to Work Scheme, Birthday day off, Holiday buying scheme (up to 28 days), starting hols 23 days rising with length of service.
Brand new Manchester office, with pool table, gaming area, bar, meeting rooms, training room – Office complex will shortly have a café and gym
Our social events include, Summer BBQ, Christmas Party, 5 a side football, cycling club & squash club, to name a few.
Progression / Future prospects:
- Ongoing career progression starting at 1stLine Technical Support to 2ndLine then 3rd, Pod team Leader, Installation Technician etc.
- If you successfully complete your 1st year apprenticeship, you could be offered a full time position within the business (with an increase in pay) and/or a Level 4 Apprenticeship
- Great career progression / ongoing development programmes
- Recognition and caring management team, focused on customer service and happy team members
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About BCN Group
BCN Group is a successful digital transformation company. We deliver, manage and support business-critical technology solutions across Cloud, security, software and telecoms, enabling organisations to operate without limits, accelerate innovation and gain competitive advantage.
A Microsoft Gold Partner with 7 Gold competencies and Direct Partner status, we support in excess of 500 clients and 30,000 users. We are proud to have a customer retention rate of 98% and an industry-leading client satisfaction score of 89%. Our 200 colleagues, based across four sites, include Cloud specialists, software developers, security experts, project managers and Support Analysts.